You’re crumbling in a pool of sweat and about to offer up your first born to your coach or trainer if they would only let up on the lunges and allow you to rest … for just a minute (or maybe three). Just so you can get your breath back and stop that weird, relentless shaking in your thighs…
And then it happens. Through the ringing in your ears you hear a few choice words spew forth from your trainer’s mouth and you suddenly find you are pushing yourself to do a few more reps. So, how do they always seem to know exactly the right thing to say to get you motivated and able to push through those seemingly impossible barriers? Well, perhaps they memorised a few quotes from this article!?
So, here they are … 33 quotes to motivate!
1. Unless you puke, faint, or die, keep going.
2. You’re not here to be average, you’re here to be awesome!
3. You’ve already been at the bottom. Why don’t you go for the top?
4. Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live in.
5. Excuses don’t burn calories.
6. If you do what you have always done … you will be what you have always been.
7. If you’re tired of starting over, stop giving up.
8. A one-hour work-out is 4% of your day. No excuses.
9. Make your supporters proud and your haters jealous.
10. You can have results or excuses. Not both.
11. ‘Dreams don’t work unless you do.’
12. If you still look cute at the end of your work-out you didn’t … train hard enough.
13. The hardest step for a runner is the first one out of the front door.
14. You don’t get the ass you want by sitting on it.
15. ‘Life begins at the end of your Comfort Zone.’
16. Cowards never start. The weak never finish. Winners never quit.
17. If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you.
18. Some who is busier than you is running right now.
19. Fitness is like marriage. You can’t cheat on it, and expect it to work.
20. Believe you can and you’re halfway there.
21. Make it a lifestyle, not a duty.
22. Just pull your shit together and go work out. You can do this.
23. Imagine yourself six months from now. Don’t stop. It will be worth it.
24. Push yourself because, no-one else is going to do it for you.
25. Never give up. Everyone has bad days. Pick yourself up and keep going.
26. Eat clean. Train dirty.
27. Get fit for life. Not just for summer.
28. Think about why you started.
29. The body achieves what the mind believes.
30. What seems impossible today will one day become your warm-up.
31. The wolf on the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill.
32. Laziness fuels more laziness. Activity fuels more activity.
33. Work. Sweat. Achieve.
Which of these quotes has struck a chord with you? Will any motivate you to train harder? Maybe you have another to share? Reveal all in the comments below.