ALL ABOUT US…
We are so lucky in Sydney to have such a fabulous sporting culture and great facilities right across our beautiful city. With an extensive media background spanning decades and a husband who has been the head of football at Fox Sports for more than a decade, I find I love being immersed in sport in Sydney. This is a good thing, as I’m already spending time frequenting the sidelines watching our son play football – Go, Wahroonga Tigers! – and I’m sure he’ll play a whole host of other sports in the future as well!
There are hundreds of clubs and sports professionals all around Sydney who have developed their own successful communities and websites. However, speaking to Sydneysiders who love their sport I found there was a need for a more centralised network, where individuals of all ages and whole families could visit to:
- find a sport/club to join that suits their age and abilities (whether that be for fun or something a bit more serious)
- learn or develop a sport
- seek a sports professional or service, from a physio or dietitian to a coach, kids’ lessons, fitness centre or sports photographer
- find out about upcoming events, from club fundraisers and Gala Days to major sporting events and so on…
- read articles devoted to sport, health and fitness and more
- find a job in the sports industry
With more than 25 years of media and publishing under my belt, along with a small team of professionals, I aim to bring all the above aspects of local sport into a single network that everyone can access for all their sporting needs.
So welcome to Sydney Sport. I hope it will become your go-to place for all local sport, too.
Founder and Publisher of Sydney Sport
Want to know more … or have a question?
If you’ like to know more about us, or have any other questions, please use the below form to contact Sydney Sport and we will respond as soon as possible.